Long time (since Tue) no update guys! Hope you had a nice week~ 😘 Yesterday I went to this Hokusai (葛飾北斎) exhibition and it was REALLY IMPRESSIVE! (
Although it turned out to be a little bit ‘Where is Fuji’ later… 😆)
Video length: 1:48s
Sooo… the exhibition.
- Official website: https://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/exhibition/hokusai/
- Cost: $16 p.p. – you can buy online but it has $4.5 transaction fee 💔
It’s in the same gallery as the Van Gogh (check my blog on 🍑Van Gogh exhibition) one and Van Gogh was also inspired by him. Being very green to the art, I still loved the colour he used and thought it’s amazing that simple strokes can be so meaningful and beautiful; look at the lines he used to draw the mountain!
The whole exhibition was broken down into below themes:
- EARLY TO MATURE WORKS
- THIRTY-SIX VIEWS OF MT FUJI (富嶽三十六景)
- A TOUR TO THE WATERFALLS IN VARIOUS PROVINCES
- REMARKABLE VIEWS OF BRIDGES
- ONE HUNDRED GHOST STORIES (百物語怪談)
- SNOW, MOON AND FLOWERS (雪月花)
- A TRUE MIRROR OF CHINESE AND JAPANESE POETRY
- EIGHT VIEW OF THE RYŪKYŪ ISLANDS
- BIRDS AND FLOWERS
- ONE HUNDRED POEMS EXPLAINED BY THE NURSE
- HOKUSAI MANGA
I’ve highlighted my favourite themes💕 (as if you care but anyway😂). All the 3 pictures above were from the ’36 views of Mt. Fuji’ and it is the most well-known theme of Hokusai.
Personally (for whatever reason) I like the ‘100 ghost stories’ picture too…🙃 Feel it~😜
The ‘Snow, moon and flowers’ series has very nice colour combinations 😄…
sorry I don’t have better words to describe it but the colour was just very pleasant to look at.😅
It took me less than 2 hours to finish the exhibition… part of reason was that I was too hungry😨… it’s definitely very worth visiting and even if you don’t understand arts (like me), you can still feel the beauty of his paintings.🤗
🎏 Tivamoo’s blog update schedule:
- Tue – Japanese Notes – order your Ramen in Japanese!
- Fri – (optional) random ideas
- Sun – weekly awesomeness in Australia – go and visit Winter Night Market with Tivamoo!