(Ring ring~~) Japanese class time🍥🍤 boys and girls! Sorry if you are expecting new grammar points as yesterday it turned out to be a review class of previous weeks, which can be all found here
Anyway I am pretty sure this blog will still interest you😃! I was inspired as recently I am watching this animation: 恋と嘘 (Love and Lies). The plot goes like this according to Wiki
In the near future, children who have turned 16 years old are assigned by the government to a partner based on compatibility calculation, in order to increase the country’s birth rate. Yukari finally confesses his love to schoolmate and long-time crush Misaki and discovers she has liked him back. However, when he turns 16, he is assigned another girl, Lilina. Lilina is very willing to let Yukari freely relate with Misaki so she can learn what being in love is really like. The story follows their adventures of the teens as they try to relate with one another while keeping up appearances with the government.
Anyway I quite like the set up and the characters (
yeah I know I am like 15 years old inside💔), so I am thinking about writing a blog on ‘how to say I like you’ in Japanese.
🐽 Note – if you are just a beginner like me, don’t worry it’s actually super easy to follow. I am surprised by how much I can understand now!🐽
Here we go! 🌶🥑🍒🍇🍅🌽
Most straight forward version: 好きです。付き合ってください。/すきです。つきあってください。 (which means: I like you. Please get into a relationship with me).💕
More variations as below; just in case you want to impress… 🙃😉 I’ve marked the hiragana in light yellow is if you need, just highlight it to read.
- ずっと前から好きでした。(ずっとまえからすきでした。)/ I have liked you since long time ago.
- 付き合ってください。（つきあってください。)/ Please be my bf or gf (the straight translation: please get into a relationship with me)
- いつからか好きになっていました。(いつからかすきになっていました。)/ I don’t know since when I have started liking you.
- 好きです。私の彼氏になってください。(すきです。わたしのかれしになってください。)/ I like you. Please be my bf.
- もっと一緒にいたい。あなたが大好きです。(もっといっしょにいたい。あなたがだいすきです。)/ I want to be with you. I like you so much.
以上 (and happy relationship guys!😘)
Tivamoo’s blog update schedule:
- Tue – Japanese Notes – cool blog and speak like a ninja!
- Fri – (optional) random ideas
- Sun – weekly awesomeness in Australia – check last week’s out with Wallace and Gromit~