These days I am watching a Japanese history drama – Sanadamaru (真田丸). The reason I am watching this is because it’s led by one of my favourite actor – Sakai Masato (堺雅人, I seriously love him so so so so much😍❤️!!).
And the reason I want to write this today is…. I didn’t go to Japanese class yesterday so no class notes~🙃
🎏Story: basically it tells a story of a commander during the Sangoku Era in Japan, from his early years till his last battle. Honestly the whole story is a bit complicated with different countries and forces, but because I know most of the actors/ actresses, it’s relatively easy to follow.
Coming back to the topic of Japanese learning 🍥 – let’s pick up some frequently used phrases from the drama. Some of the words would be so particular to that era but I find it’s interesting to know (to cosplay at home😉😝). So please imagine you live in Sangoku Era before you keep reading~
- 御屋形様 (おやかたさま): this is like ‘Your Majesty~‘.
- 御意 (ぎょい): this is like ‘As you wish~‘.
- 武士 (ぶし): Japanese warrior
- 頼む (たのむ): to request/ beg someone to do something.
- 旦那様 (だんなさま): this is ‘Mr. Husband‘.
- かしこまりました: this is a very polite way to say ‘I understand’.
- もちろん: of course!
My translation might not be 100% accurate as it’s hard to find the equivalent to Japanese in English. But if you dress up in Kimono and speak above words, you cannot go too wrong with that feeling!㊙️
P.S. – I am sorry that I don’t have a proper notes from class today, but hope the content is still interesting and please check out this drama as the actor is just….. ❤️💛 even my Japanese teacher loves him!
🍇 Tivamoo’s blog update schedule:
- Tue – Japanese Notes – want to learn how to say positions in Japanese?
- Fri – (optional) random ideas
- Sun – weekly life+food awesomeness in Australia